HAS YOUR SPA BEEN INVADED BY ALGAE GROWTH? Pool Poppits Algicide Conditioner Clarifier is the answer.
You may not see algea but you will for know for sure if your sanitiser use goes up dramatically.
Take note of these early warning signs of algae growth:
- Water not crystal clear
- Uses excessive amounts of Spa Poppits Peroxsil 395 Sanitiser
- Incidence of cough when close to the spa due to airborne algae & carried in with the spa users
Should this occur we would recommend the following:
1. Following the dosing instruction on the back of the Pool Poppits Algicide Conditioner Clarifier package (and below here) and calculate the amount required for your size of spa (dosing instructions are for larger pools). This package is designed for pools and will provide a large number of uses for typical spas. Premix the correct amount of each colour sachet in a bucket of water. When dissolved, pour into the spa. Recommended pH at 6.8 – 7 for Algicide to be more effective.
Pool dosing instructions:
For pool sizes up to:
25,000L use one sachet of each colour (1x Pack 1, 2 & 3. If your spa is 1000L you would use 1/25th of each packet.)
50,000L use two sachets of each colour (2 x Pack 1, 2 & 3)
70,000L (& over) use three sachets of each colour (3 x Pack 1, 2 & 3)
2. Remove filter cartridges and circulate for 4 hours. (Water will initially go cloudy) Turn air jets on and off several times during this time. Put back filter cartridges and filter for an additional 4 hours for a total 8 hours.
3. At the same time, using a damp cloth with Poppits or Spa Fresh Pipe Degreaser on it, wipe inside of spa and around jets, under head rests and the underside of the spa cover. Rinse off spa cover and leave exposed to the sun.
4. Burn off dead algae with Poppits Quick Fix Shock at 60grams/1000 liters and filter for 4 hours . Then clean filter cartridges, thoroughly rinse and flush the filter cartridges until water runs clear through the filter cartridges.
(a) If required, balance water with Poppits Water Balance or Spa Fresh Alkalinity increaser (alkalinity 120ppm, pH 7.6).
(b) Finally, dose the spa with Spa Poppits or Spa Fresh bactericide/sanitizer at the rate of 1 litre/1000 litres of water.
FOR SEVERE INFESTATION:(1)Remove the filter cartridges, add Poppits or Spa Fresh Pipe Degreaser;(2)circulate for 30 minutes & dump water out (3)refill, going through normal start up procedures; (4) add the other half of each sachet of Pool Poppits algicide as above.